International Portfolio Review PhotoIreland Festival 2012
International Portfolio Review
13 – 15 July 2012
Submissions are still open until Friday 16th March 2012.
PhotoIreland Festival’s portfolio review weekend 2012 will take place from 13-15 July 2012 in Dublin city, representing a unique opportunity for emerging artists worldwide to highlight new photographic projects and meet with international professionals.
During the weekend of the portfolio reviews your work will be evaluated by international and Irish curators, gallery owners, festival directors, publishers and other photography professionals. You will also be invited to our opening networking event on 13 July, where the selected submissions for portfolio reviews will be presented in a series of projections.
The reviews will offer insights, critique and advice on your work, providing you with invaluable feedback on your artistic development and expanding your professional network.
The international portfolio reviewers are:
• Walter Bergmoser – Curator & Photographer, Soul
• Reinhard Braun – Camera Austria, Graz
• Stefanie Braun – Photographers’ Gallery, London
• Gösta Flemming – Journal, Stockholm
• Nora Hauswirth – former CEO Sodapix, independent curator, Zurich
• David Kronn – Private Collector, New York
• Trish Lambe – Gallery of Photography, Dublin
• Dewi Lewis – Publisher, London
• Louise Mazmanian – FORMAT Festival, Derby
• Andreas Müller-Pohle – European Photography, Berlin
• Moritz Neumüller – PhotoIreland, Dublin/Barcelona
• Markus Schaden – schaden.com, Cologne
Successful portfolio submissions should consist of a body of work or a project in progress. All submitted portfolios will initially be reviewed by a selected Jury who are looking for new, emerging talent and works by established artists using photography. The members of the selection jury are: Peggy Sue Amison (Sirius Arts Centre), Nora Hauswirth, Leszek Wolnik (Fire.ie), Tanya Kiang and Trish Lambe (Gallery of Photography), Richard Mosse, Moritz Neumüller and Ángel Luis González.
The Jury will select 30 portfolios for review from all submitted work. Among those 30 selected portfolios one overall winner will be chosen by the reviewers on July 15th, who will get the opportunity to exhibit in a solo show during the 2013 festival.
While there is an open theme for the portfolio submissions, we particularly welcome portfolios and photobooks around the festival theme of ‘Migrations: Diaspora and Cultural Identity’, to enjoy the opportunity to participate in the main exhibition of 2012.
Submissions for portfolios are open from Wednesday, 4 January to Friday, 16 March 2012.